About the course
Use WordPress to build a website in this beginner-level tutorial. Learn all about themes, widgets, plugins, and more!
Learn how to use WordPress to build a website in this comprehensive introductory course. No prior experience necessary!
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It's the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Course Goals and Objectives
- In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in the self-hosted version of WordPress
- We'll focus on WHY and HOW things work in WordPress — so you can develop an intuitive understanding of how to use WordPress
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a WordPress site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- WordPress 3.5 or higher, hosted either on a webserver or on your own local machine (NOT wordpress.com)
- A desire to learn!
Who Should Attend?
- Beginners with no previous coding or programming experience
- Web designers seeking to strengthen their WordPress skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to use WordPress — not just memorize a series of steps!