About the course
BE a professional musical wizard, the drum expert who builds the quality that gets played!
Using the simpl, beautiful & brilliant African String Method, YOU can build & sell your own drums, or simply maintain the drums for your local music band & your friends! Everything you need to create beautiful drumming majic is shown in this video course.
All you need to start out is a drum body- you will be shown all the steps from there. Included are details for selecting all the drum parts for assembling a brand new drum, or re-using the parts- including the drum skin- for drum upgrading & maintenance.
All details are explained in minute detail, and shown to you during the actual drum assembly. This method may be performed literally anywhere- here you watch one djembe, in the noisy urban environment of Seoul, Korea, being completely stripped down, repaired, re-built & upgraded with high quality, colorful nylon climbing cord.JOIN US! We're having fun inside!
What are the requirements?
- EXPERIENCE- in anything- not required here. Just, BRING your sense of adventure, BE willing to learn something vital
- All that is needed, is one djembe-shaped drum body, ready for a new life
- All drum parts will be explained: the need to obtain each part will depend on the drum's overall condition
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 21 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- CREATE MUSICAL BEAUTY: Build Renew & Fine-Tune an African-style Djembe, the King of Hand Drums
- GIVE NEW LIFE to Drums Everywhere
- CHOOSE the drum business strategy which suits your lifestyle
- STRING a djembe, using the African String Method
- SELECT and fabricate your own drum parts
- TIGHTEN and TUNE Strings: OPTIMIZE the drumsong, Fine-Key Her Finest Details
- SELECT and prepare the correct drum skin, or drum head
- REPAIR a cracked drum body, properly treat the wood
- TIE the proper knots on the drum hoops
- SEE how all real drum bodies start out in life, and are shaped
Who Should Attend?
- WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Drummers, musicians & artisans who prefer to save money while crafting their own drum masterpiece
- Anyone who shares a love for the sacred heart-beat of the hand drum
- Enterprising & Creative craftspersons willing to act on simpl, easy, compact business opportunities
- WHO SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Anyone NOT willing to DO the work themselves
- NO info-surfers! This human world needs ENGAGERS & creative DOERS!
Lesson 1: WELCOME to the King of HandDrums!
Lesson 2: PARTS and LABOUR
Lecture 1: KNOW Your Drum Parts
Lesson 3: PREPPING For the BUILD
Lecture 1: Prep the Body: Ready for a New Life
Lecture 2: Prep the Drum Skin: A Good Soak
Lecture 3: PATCH & PREP the Drum Body
Lesson 4: INTENSE BUILD ACTION: Hoops Knots String & Skin
Lecture 1: TIE those Hoop Knots
Lecture 2: MOUNT the Skin
Lecture 3: START Stringing!
Lesson 5: ALL About the STRING!
Lecture 1: A Chat On Vertical Tightening
Lecture 2: Get Some TRIM: A Tailored DrumSkin
Lecture 3: Vertical ACTION: Tightening Demo
Lecture 4: Once Is NEVER Enough: More Vert-Action
Lesson 6: TUNING: Fine-Key Your Masterpiece
Lecture 1: The NATURE of Her Song: Octave & Key
Lecture 2: Getting the String Across: Tuning Demo
Lecture 3: Her Finest Hour: Completing the Tune
Lecture 4: GOT EXTRA? String A Handle!
Lesson 7: THE EXTRAS: Why This Course Is SO COOL
Lecture 1: How Drums Start Out
Lecture 2: DRUM DRAMA: The Life of a Small Drum
Lecture 3: PLAY! Having A Wee Bit o Fun
Lecture 4: Keep In Touch!